Sunday, July 6, 2008

No particular place to go.

Saturday July 5. 08
This weekend was a real blast. I didn't have anything to do or anyone to do anything with so, I just took off.
The first 67 miles were good, then the rain stopped. It rained hard for the first 70 miles or so the off and on. I managed to make it to Russellville on hwy 7 before throwing in the wet towel. I got a room at the Motel 8, Or was it 9?? Anyway I watched TV until I conked out and slept through on heck of a storm.
Sunday morning I woke and checked the bike over and was totally happy with it's overall performance.(it was still together)
I got gas at a truck stop type station and had the only trouble I had on this trip while gassing up. I was about to add my fuel additive when a woman parked on the other side of the pump advised me that I could go to Federal Prison for adding things to my "motor fuel". I gave it some thought and offered to let her use my cell phone to call the police. Seriously, I wanted to hear her explain it to the cops. She huffed at me and drove off. (hope she paid for her gas)
After gas, I grabbed a cup of coffee and a biscuit and headed back north in a lazy round about manor. I did alot of small town detours and just killed the day looking over the country side and hitting what few tourist stops were open. I think I need to come back down through the week when some of these places are open. A couple of them had older motorcycles that interested me.
A quick stop at moms and visit with the family and then back up 21 to 412 and a lazy 327 miles. Again, not too bad on a 31 year old machine. I did have a little fun on the way back. A new Softail blew by me in passing a car and gave me a silly grin like I got a Hog and you don't. Now I don't have anything against a Harley, I've owned several over the years. But his attitude, well I couldn't resist and I pushed him up 412 from 21 to where you get off on 45. I do mean pushed. I could see in his mirror his expression and I think he got the message and I'm proud to say that my grin was even more silly.
Hope to catch ya all on the road next weekend.

No comments: