Wednesday, December 9, 2009

12/09/09 13 degrees

365 Group (f)

This morning it was thirteen degrees when I got up. No I didn't ride in today. I thought about it and ...nahhhhhhhhh.
When I got back to the house this afternoon it was up to 25 degrees. A regular heat wave. I couldn't resist. I Fired the old bike up and ambled down the drive. I figured on just a quick pass through the neighborhood and back to the house.
Once I got on the paved road and got going it really wasn't too bad, for a short haul. I tooled down to the gas station and ordered some fries to go.
As I waited on my fires several people ask me silly questions about being cold and did my heater work. I managed a straight serious face and replied yep, heater works good. Defroster doesn't do so well though. A couple of these people even came on with the old "I was going to ride my Harley today but..." routine, to try to impress the young the girls working there. It was quite humorous actually. Posers is I think what they are call now days.
The girls at the store all know me and knew that I was having fun. I got my fires and a coke and saddled back up. The trip meter on my LSI said 2.3 miles. 0.3 miles over the daily requirement.
For a short run and I do mean short, it wasn't too bad. Kind of fun actually.
Oh yeah, fries werent too bad either...lots of ketchup and all.
Catch ya on the road

1 comment:

Learning to Golf said...

Wise choice on the car John. The low here has been 38 and I rode without the liner in my jacket. At 40 yesterday I was thinking the liner would be nice and might put it in this morning. My commute is only 6 miles, so it isn't all that bad. I'm not sure about my low temp limits, but I'm suspecting that 13 might be getting there.