Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/18/10 as good as a spam sammich!!

365 Group (f)

Today was the first day since the cold and snow hit my area that I have been able to ride any.

Temps got up to close to sixty and it timed right with my doctors orders about taking some time off from riding. Soooooooo...I uncovered the old gal and fired up. It had been several days since my last ride or even starting the bike so I let it warm for several minutes.
Someone once said that Harley's had a "potato potato" sound as they sat and idled. I noticed that this old twin has more of a refined sound. Kind of like "frenchy fry frenchy fry" .
Anyhow, it sounded good. I jumped on and headed down my worn out drive. Since it was starting to cool off again I only rode around town a little but it was nice to be out.
I made a couple of passes around the neighborhood and headed out on the highway to the straight stretches. Making a couple of top speed passes I figured it was time to head back and see how the spine was going to react. So far it felt fine.
It wasn't much of a ride only managed 23 miles without actually going anywhere. However, after the cold and snow and doctor, there's something to be said for it. I think it might actually catch on.
With a little luck the temps will hold in the 40's and up for a while and I can get back to a daily grind as it were.
Catch ya on the road

2 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Glad to hear you got out and about....even for just a bit. Cold does me in, but I go ride in it any way. That fluffy wet, white stuff would be the deal breaker for me.

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

Whoo hooo! Damn the DOCS... (not really, spinal stuff nothing to laugh at...) I'm so glad you got a few miles under your butt...for people like you and me...sitting out for winter is hard. I don't tear my bike down in winter and tiker...I still have hopes of riding...so I go nuts when the cold and white stuff go on too long...

Keep up the "frenchy fry" idle...that's one of my favorite idles.... seriously, I'm not joking!