Saturday, August 23, 2014

8/23/20014

 Today begins the count down in earnest. Five working days left. Retirement from a career that has made it thirty seven years.   Doubt it will matter to anyone in a hundred years.

 This last couple of months have been busy with a little bit of everything getting ready for my upcoming becoming a bum.
 I have finally came to terms with the fact that I only ride. Sold my "hoover-round!" A neighborhood kid needed a first car. So I fixed him up. Really miss that little car.  Now all I have left is an worn out old motorcycle or seven. Any way the new employer/business partner seems to think it's OK.

 I have been herding Clemontine up and down the road since her return from Texas. I have about got all the little issues worked out making her as dependable as when I first bought her seventeen years ago. Like the other gal in my life "miss tilley", it's a work in progress. 
 I'm planning to get back into traveling around the country and dabbling in photography. Don't that sound "special?" 
 Now that you have all the news you just cant live without..... don't you just feel better?

 Hope to catch ya on the road

2 comments:

Learning to Golf said...

Congratulations on the retirement! From experience it is great to not have to watch a clock any more.

John said...

That's what I"m hoping. :-)