Monday, September 15, 2014

9/15/14

 Today was a good day for bikin...not necessarily for ridin as it started out raining.

  The new old girlfriend had some last minute work to catch up for her business so I spent the morning taking stock of what I needed to repair/replace on my two main rides. My seat cover repair from back at the start of spring had finally let go. A longer throttle cable was needed for the Schwinn high rise handle bars. Finding a seat wasn't a problem as Ebay is littered with them. All I had to do was wade through nine thousand pages of seats... I use the Bates solo style and it only took a few minutes to see that they had gone up in price.
  The gal friend came back to the office about the same time I found the seat and agreed that they were high. I put my seat search on hold and we headed out to the tourist town of Eureka Springs. Not a bad little place, loaded with junk and gift shops. Plus a bunch of good places to eat,
  Last trip we hit the down town part of things so this time we decided to look around along the highway. Surprisingly I found a couple of small mom -n- pop type motorcycle shops. The first one catered to the bikers that were passing through and really didn't have anything for older bikes. The second however was a dream. They had most of the old bikes I had had and lusted after in my youth. Bridgestone's, Honda's, AMF Harleys....They were all there. All appeared to be 100 percent. I spent several minutes drinking it in and showing the different ones to the gal friend and explaining a misguided youth on two wheels.
  Once I finally made it inside I found all kinds of parts that I could use. One of those places your always looking for. As I ambled around looking at everything the gal friend found me a seat. Just like I had set up to order from Ebay. All told it actually came in cheaper. Yep! Miss Tilley is sporting a new seat.
  Have plans to run back over later in the week as they also make cables to length.
  We found a decent restaurant and had an early dinner. On the way home we discussed something....I'm sure we did. Anyway, she said she had a good time looking through junk shops and chasing bike parts. (Think I may have a keeper here?)
  Like I said today was a good 'bikin' day.

  catch ya on the road      

No comments: