Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bad weather

Today is kind of overcast and 61 degrees cool. Not real bad as far as riding goes.
Last night was about the same as I headed into Fayetteville to have dinner. Even after dinner and in full dark it was nice to be out on the road. There was a full moon and I really enjoyed the riding.
This is a stark difference to the first couple of days of the month. We had one of the worst Ice storms in any ones memory hit our part of the state. Power was out all over the northern part of the state and is still out in some areas. I managed to stay at home for the first two days without Power and heat. From all accounts it was going to be a long outage and on the third day I loaded up my Republican Ankle biting Security Team and took them to be boarded. I spent the night with my daughter in front of her fire place. She didn't have any power either but the fireplace was nice and warm.
My power came back on on the fourth day and I started trying to get back to normal.
I give thanks to God that none of my family were hurt during this Ice storm. All we suffered was a little inconvenience. There were others that were not as lucky. I heard of at least half a dozen fatalities due to the weather.
Today I am going to try and get in some riding and maybe work some on one of my other bikes. I have another beautiful old wreck that needs some attention. I would love to be riding it from time to time. Who knows, maybe I can make some head way on it today.
Catch ya on the road.

No comments: