Thursday, November 12, 2009

11/11/09 I blame Amanda (ha ha ha)

365 Group (f)

Today was a rather good day for riding, after the fog burned off. Temperature got up to the low 60's and was just all around nice.

I got an early jump on the morning traffic and headed toward Fayetteville to the bank. My plan was a simple one. Go to the bank and get money. I had forgotten to get gas or money the day before and it was getting really down there on the reserve.
I roared into the bank and up to the ATM and that's when it happened. I was headed to work and would have made it had it not been for the bikes that roared by. The last bike had the wife of a friend of mine on it and she turned around and rode up to me.
Apparently they were all playing hooky from work and she said I might as well too. Try as hard as I could to resist, well, I caved.
Barb told me where they were heading and I agreed to meet up with them in a few.
Today was payroll day and I at least had to go and make sure everyone got paid. So I pulled out and made a mad dash down Old Missouri Road toward a gas station and then work. Not once did I give thought to how silly this was. Others did and told me as much, but not me.
I pulled into work and rushed the payroll through. Once I had the confirmation in hand. I left "sick" and headed north on Highway 71 towards Bella Vista. Once I got over to the little community of Bella Vista I caught up with everyone and we all roared out for a day of back road riding that was just what the doctor ordered. Well, If he'd been there he would have ordered it.
We tooled around Benton county and wound up on hwy 62 and made a lazy circle up into Missouri. Not really headed anywhere or doing anything other than just riding around. A bike version of follow the leader. We road back roads that I didn't see a sign or number or anything on. Finally we dipped back down and tooled through Carrol County to a point between Green Forest and Berryville. Everyone agreed that it was about lunch time so we headed for Eureka Springs and lunch.
After lunch, it just seemed that the day was done. Everyone had a full belly and the laziness that comes with a good meal settled in. We all stood around and shot the breeze for a while then started drifting off to where ever.
Keeping a slower pace I headed out for the house. I just tooled along enjoying things. The way the bike was humming along, the way the sun was shining and kind of warming me, it was all good.
Pulling into my little town I looked down at my trip counter. 258 miles and didn't go anywhere that I could really remember. Nor could I tell you how to get there. But I'm making plans to go back soon.
Catch ya on the road

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Like I always say, I'll always take the blame for a good time. Pleasant read. Thanks for mention, even if it was attached to this "blame ha ha ha." :)) Tally ho n' all that.

Learning to Golf said...

John, I was confused because you blamed Amanda and Barb was the gal the twisted your arm. But, the only important part is getting in 258 miles and playing hooky on a work day.

Yep, that is the good life.