Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/4/09

365 Group (f)

This morning was another good bright and sunny start. The 48 degrees was another plus.


Yesterday I was saddled with a must appear at work but still managed to have great morning ride in. This morning wasn’t as intense as yesterday so I was able to over sleep and get back into my routine. Up and going. I started early looking for my gloves, keys and junk. The little bandits had snatched them again. Funny but the longer we play this game the more creative the little one gets in hiding things.
After lovin everybody up I grabbed my helmet and headed out to burn up some road.
The bike fired up and purred like a content little kitten. I ambled down toward the road and watched a couple of bikes slide by. Seems everyone was making the most of this nicer weather. There was no truck this morning to use as an excuse to twist the throttle but I did anyway, making good time down to the highway.
I had apparently timed things just right as there was no traffic allowing me to do one of those “evil old California stops”. Blasting onto the highway I kept everything more or less civilized till I hit the edge of town. As I cleared town I saw a local on a sport bike coming up on a side road and the race was on. He rolled the stop and jumped out just ahead of me and took off. Crossing the twin bridges I was climbing on ninety five and starting to really gain on this guy when he decides to shut it down and run respectable. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
We tooled along for a couple of miles to my turn off, he waved and I headed on towards work.
I ran the curves down Habberton and decided to run on out to 412 and make it a little more of a ride. This is such a nice stretch of road with hills and curves that it’s at times a treat to ride, especially at this time of year with the cooler temperatures.
Pulling up to 412 I see several bikes out headed toward town. Another indicator that today was going to be a good day.
The traffic was flowing nicely at about sixty five to seventy with no one acting like they were in a life and death struggle to get someplace. It was just a nice ride all the way around.
As I pulled up to the first light coming into town things really bogged down. Apparently there was an accident ahead and the cops were holding everyone up. I eased over on the shoulder and started slowly walking the bike up the shoulder. Before long I had managed to get ahead of most of the backed up traffic to the point where when the cops started moving everybody along again I was first in line. I really don’t think anyone realized that I had jumped them while they sat there. Anyway, no one tried to run me down.
The rest of my ride was just traffic light to traffic light all the way to work. Lots of starting and stopping. As I pulled up to the Security Gate I noticed that several people didn’t ride this morning. The Security guy pointed out that it was a whole two degrees cooler this morning than it was yesterday. Yep. That must have been it. Pulling on in I parked and made my way to the break room and coffee. I was also curious as to what today’s excuses for not riding were.
This morning was just another ride to work but it was a keeper. If they were all like this last couple of days, well, maybe work wouldn’t be such a bad thing?

No comments: