Monday, January 4, 2010

January 2, 2010 "yep, I'm a Polar Bear!"

365 Group (f)

Today the temp got up to a whopping 29 degrees, I heard.

Today was also our annual Polar Bear ride. Where all us die hard types all meet on a traditionally cool day of the year, have lunch and explain to people that it's a good day to ride.

It was a great ride. A little cooler than years past but still a load of fun.
I started off by literally brushing the ice and snow off my bike. Seems that my cover just cant take the winds we've been having lately. I had to use a hair dryer to thaw out the ignition and light switches. With the cooler temps I was sure that the old bike would be a bear to start but it fired up on the first kick. To say I'm amazed is really putting it mildly.
After warming up for several minutes I headed up to my riding buddy Luther's place. The loose plan was to leave from his house and head to the Bar B Que place in town for lunch. Also, see how many other riders we would encounter along the way.
As it worked out the two of us were all that showed for lunch. It was a great lunch and a good relaxed time.
As I said he and I were the only ones we saw until we were heading back to the house. As we were leaving town we met a determined looking rider heading in. He seemed tickled to see us on the road and really put some extra effort into waving as we passed.
So this years ride is done...Grand total 3.
Already looking forward to next year.

catch ya on the road

1 comment:

manthano said...

Sounds like a fun ride.
More people should try it.