Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011 Polar bear gathering

365 Group (f)
This years Polar bear gathering was attended by only two hale and hearty riders, me and Luther.

It was a lot of fun for me...as they always are. The temperature was 24 degrees and it was a beautiful sunny day.
Luther was all saddled up on his Bandit and I rode the Turnip, "miss tilley".


We pulled out from the local cafe/gas station in downtown Goshen for the easy seven or eight miles down to the Mexican place. I had been having some problems with the turnip and it's driver side carb. It was chugging and popping and all that unless I was up to highway speeds. But we were mostly on a highway so it wasn't too bad.
It was a great ride down and when we got there we were greeted by Christy at the door. she seemed to think that I should have been wearing gloves or something as my hands seemed cold. I showed her my gloves and she seated us.
The lunch was really good and seemed to go by quickly. Since no one else showed up by the time we had finished we called an adjournment and headed back to the house.
Really it wasn't all that bad to me. I didn't once hear Luther complain so I'm thinking it was a good day to ride.


So, today ended the 2010 riding season and starts the 2011 season.

Hope to catch ya on the road.

No comments: