Saturday, December 10, 2011

By the light of the silvery moon

Last night the moon was full and with the cold weather it was a very nice night.
I hadnt been doing too much lately. Health wise there just wasnt any energy. So when a friend called up and said lets go get coffee I thought maybe a little fresh air would hit the spot.
I fired up the bike as I was only going down to the little gas station. I figured I could stir a better quality of air if I was out in it. The ride down was pretty quick and the chill went all the way to the bone. The air was fresh! By the time I got to the station, like most times I get started on the old gal, I was ready to put on a few miles.
We visited and had coffee till about 8pm. As we were leaving my friends asked several times about how I was feeling and I guess were concerned since it had cooled a bit while we were there. I ran over again all that the Doctor had said and that seemed to satisfy everyone that I'd make it back the whole quarter mile to the house.
I was feeling pretty good as I fired up and decided, just for grins and giggles you understand, to take the long way home.
Pulling on to the highway I ran west to the mountain and cut across to Highway 412 and ran east to Huntsville. From Huntsville I ran the back roads through Wesley and around back to the house.
About a hundred miles later it was 38 degrees when I got back to the house. Yep, it was cold! However, like most other times when I ride...it's only cold when I'm stopped. I actually felt great when I got back. There is a lot to be said for fresh air on a full moon night. I may have to research this form of treatment further?
catch ya on the road

No comments: