Thursday, December 15, 2011

short ride, but well worth it.

These last couple of days have been slow for me. I managed to catch a stomach virus on top of everything else I got going on.
The doctor said " just lay around and you'll know when it passes".
That is hard to do. Especially when the weather is half way decent for riding. I made through to the evening of the second day and I guess the doc was right. I noticed that I felt much better.
I had'nt eaten anything in Three days so I decided to try some soup. That meant running down to the store as I did'nt have any of the standby 'chicken noodle.'
It was cool to cold out but not freezing so I figured a little ride would'nt do too much damage.
The bike fired up on the second kick and we were off.
Let me tell you it was a great ride! I rolled in at the store, grabbed the soup and was back on the road in record time. (if everytime I had to go shopping went this quick)
I fired up and really wound the bike up on the return trip. When I pulled in to park I realized, like most times, I could have just kept going. Maybe tomorrows weather will be at least as good and I can put on more than a mile or so.
catch ya on the road

No comments: