Friday, January 27, 2012

Puzzled

I have come across something unusual in my daily riding. This morning my thermometer, the dial up weather line and the interweb all said it was around 27 degrees. It's been this cold or colder when I headed out a few mornings lately. Now the thing I dont understand is, why it doesnt feel cold like it has in years past as I rode to work or where ever. I head out as I have in the past and it feels more like I'm riding in early spring weather. This morning at about 65 MPH I was fairly comfortable. More so than I was last winter riding everyday. I've tried to explain this to people lately and they just blow it off as I'm just braging (as, I'm told, although I just cant imagine it, 'bikers' are sometimes known to do). I'm not complaining but I truly am puzzled. {Could this be "Global warming"?}
This morning, as I mentioned, I had a good ride. However it was real short as my old machine was tying all the knots and it was only thirteen miles. Traffic was with me all the way. Even the traffic lights in town were on my side for a change. The day got up fairly warm and it just made me want to get out on the road. Seems that always happens when I absolutely cant take the day off.
My ride in this afternoon was as good if not better than my morning one. Traffic was with me all the way. (Funny. As warm as it was I still didnt see any other bikes though.) The only Cop I saw was going the same way and was way ahead of me. I wish all my riding days were like this.
I have a few more minor corrections, like maybe some brakes,(jury's still out on that one though) to make on my old bike. I'm begining to believe that, finally, after much time and lots of head scratching and prayer it'll be back to a dependable daily condition. Not too bad on an old ride thats just turned 30.
To quote a five year boy that is much wiser than his years. Standing in a crowd with his dad listening to their conversation about motorcycles he was heard to say " old iron is best because it's just gooder."

catch ya on the road

No comments: