Thursday, January 26, 2012

rant

Theres something about people in this area...kind of a narrow mindedness. This morning it was 41 dregrees with a light mist falling. I rode my bike in. People I've never met before have been coming up all morning saying "how come you didnt drive your truck like you did yesterday?" I have to then explain that yesterday I drove because a friend asked me to deliver a canoe for him. Then I have to go through the same old tired nonsence I hear if the weather is less than perfect for THEM. I would love to always have perfect weather to ride in but hey, we are in North Arkansas, we're lucky we got weather the way it changes. If I were to wait on good weather 1. I wouldnt ever get in any riding 2. I'd be like most people around this area...own a ten year old bike that is still brand new and only has 2700 miles on it. So I ride. Anytime I have the chance.
This mornings ride was a real good one. The actual rain had stopped before I got on the road. I did get a few sideways glances from people. I had an air rifle strapped on for a friend of mine. Seems weapons,any kind, always gets attention. There wasnt any traffic to speak of just a great time motoring along. I delivered the "bull-mouse-alo" shooter and tooled on over to work.
Late in the morning I had a couple of people tell me they had saw me a few days ago and ask about the new lady in my life. One even said he'd heard that I was running with a fast woman. I'm not saying anything just yet, telling everyone that it's a private matter. Nobodies business and it's more fun to watch them lose a crop watching mine.
All in all, today,so far, was a good day for riding and I thank the Lord for it. Now if the evening is as good...well I may be late getting home.
catch ya on the road

No comments: