Monday, November 9, 2015

New ride

Every so often you run across a deal that just speaks to you.
  I had been interested in the 1100 V-Star for quite some time. Honestly don't know why, just was. I had been looking at Craigslist and other places, toying with the idea of buying one for a long time. As per my usual "wish book" method of operation I pulled up the local Craigslist. This time one of the ads jumped out at me. At a bike shop in a neighboring town was a V-Star. Looked like new. Low miles and a low price. Looking the ad over I decided it was at least worth a look.
 I rode over the next day and found it to be better that the ad described.
That started a lot of scheming in my mind and I started talking seriously with the shop guys about the bike. Seems they had had it for about a year with no one having any interest in it.
  Even though I had four motorcycles and really didnt need it, (thats what I said about Clementine) I bought it.
As it is it's just about good. It only has a couple of details that need a change. Smaller, less bulky fenders. Oil filter relocator and a different type of handle bars. It's big, heavy and a blast to ride. So far I'm happy.

"always seek the adventure."

catch ya on the road


No comments: