Friday, October 17, 2008

A great bunch of people.

365 Group


10/11/08
Today was a great day for riding!
I rode over to Springdale to take some pictures of the local are Special Olympics softball tournament. My daughter Jen is a member of the team, Cobras, and they were at the top of the pile waiting on their playoff game.
After some serious riding through the “Saturday go to town crowd” I finally got to the sports complex. Not real sure what time they played I grabbed the first parking space I could see and took off walking to the back side of the complex where they were playing. Jen and a couple of her team mates met me as I walked up and promptly informed me that they were just one game away from the trophy and that the “hotdogs were over there” and the “other concessions were in that building there.” In a few short minutes I knew where all the food was and who was who and where they were at. They also pointed out that Country Music star Joe Nichols was in the stands.
After being told about two dozen times about the food, I managed to eat a hotdog and a couple of brownies and seemed to make everyone happy. All the members of the team made their way around to me and pointed out that they were just one game away from being #1 and real close to the “trophy”.
I took pictures of everything I could. Players, the field and even Joe Nichols. By far the best picture I took that afternoon was the team with THE TROPHY!!! Yep, they pulled it off…12 to 10. After trying for 6 years they finally captured it. Talk about a bunch of happy campers… the Area 3 Cobras were happy. Now it’s off to Cabot and the state tournament. Lets everyone keep their Rabbits foot handy.
I made a fast ride back to the house and copied the pictures off for some of the team and emailed them to some of their family members that weren’t able to make it to the game.
It was a great day for a short ride and a softball game. If you haven’t ever taken in a Special Olympics sports event. You should.
40 miles give or take.
Hope to catch ya at the next game.


No comments: