Saturday, October 18, 2008

Miles traveled










365 Group

Anytime I make a run or an event I find that I usually spend a good deal of time looking for a souvenir. I have noticed that I seem to do this unconsciously. It dawned on me at a rally I was at. This years Bikes, Blues and BBQ. I found myself hunting through one of the trinket vendors. The guy running the shop started talking to me and asked if I rode mine to the rally. I kind of chuckled to myself and said yep!, all the way. I didn’t bother to tell him that I lived ten miles away. He seemed to give me a look as if he’d known all along and showed me a box of pins that all said “I RODE MINE- FAYETTEVILLE 2008”. Still chuckling to myself I bought one.



I've never been too interested in the clothing you find for sale at these events. Guess it just wasn't my style. Apparently I am interested in things like the Angel on a motorcycle


from last years bikes , blues and BBQ. Or...


the switchblade knife from the Dogpatch rally. Or the small flask with route 66 on it from an event at Eureka springs that I just happened on.

It’s funny but I can tell you without hesitation where each item was picked up at. There is a bunch of colored wrist bands like you get at the city pool or a hospital. Handbills and other printed material. Mustard smeared napkins from lunch here and there. Gas receipts and a small assortment of tools. Looking over this mess I’m reminded of a ride someplace. The friends and relatives that rode there with me. It’s friends I made along the way and friends I made after I got there. Good meals at out of the way places and just kicking back and listening to good music. Each has a lot of good things rolled into it.
I have a three year old grand son and I’m hoping he wants to ride and in that I see each piece of my junk, time I can spend with him telling him about the fun I’ve had, riding through these hills.



Lots and lots of mile today...
Hope to see ya on the road










































































































































































































































No comments: