Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pickle

365 group



I have been planning my “last trip of the year” for a few days. Trying to figure out where to go and keep with in my self imposed guide lines is getting harder and harder to do.
I usually try for someplace in my part of the state that I haven’t been in a while. One that has lots of good roads to ride and when possible, a place that one or more of my old friends lives.
This trip was shaping up to be an “I don’t know?” kind of run. As I have pointed out before it is getting cooler and that’s one of the reasons I confine these trips to my part of the state. Should I have trouble, well lets just say that I don’t want to set in the cold beside the road any longer than I have too. (I think that’s called getting older.)
So anyway, I’m working out the details and should be heading out soon. The next couple of weekends maybe?
I have to get in the shop real soon and do some much needed minor maintenance on my bike. Seems the head light has gotten almost as lazy as I am. I need to grease the greasy places and oil the oily spots and just generally look the bike over. Kind of hate to get about 300 miles down the road and have the discombooberator rod come apart. That’d be embarrassing.
The good lord has allowed me to make it this far on two wheels. I’m hoping that he sees fit to keep me riding for sometime to come.
So with that all said I’m heading out to the shop and visit some with my friend Luther and see if I cant get all ready for my last trip of the year.
One last thing, Keep in mind some wise motorcycle words of wisdom that I heard long ago that still fits today.

“I don’t want no pickle…I just want to ride my motor sickle!” Arlo Guthrie
Hope to be back on with my trip before too long. Maybe even a picture or two.

No comments: