Saturday, October 24, 2009

10/24/09 odds -an- ends

365 Group (f)

Today was much better than the last entire week has been. The rain stopped and it actually warmed up some this afternoon.


I went up to my friends shop to try again to do something with my bike. Looks like, bad as I hate to, I'm going to have to haul it to a shop where they can get to the bottom of my carburetor problems. Everything I do seems to get me close but always ends up where I started.
I did manage to get the new tires done and mounted and had a good visit and looked over my buddies new house that he's about got built. It is nice! Hope it all finally ends up being finished for him smoothly. Coming back to the house I took apart the carburetors on my Kawasaki. A little cleaning was in order as it's been kinda sluggish and doing some "poppin" and "bangin" at traffic lights. I have gotten quite good at tearing the carbs down and cleaning them while they are mounted. Doesn't beat a rebuild but gets me through till I have enough time to have the bike down for a while. I filled every nook and cranny with carburetor cleaner and let it soak for a few minutes then took an air tank and blew it all out. After all this and we were back together I fired up and the engine sounded pretty good. Nice low rumbling idle and no noticeable popping or banging.

The rains were back before I could do any test riding. I guess we are in for a monsoon season for a while. The weather picture doesn't look so good and my weather forecasting back is at def con 27. So I'm a four wheelin for another day looks like.

You know it's bad when 1. ya can kick the bike over without tears 2. it's raining so hard you cant see the road in front of you. Hopefully the saw bones will have something figured out, other than surgery or an electric starter before too much longer.

Who knows? Maybe I'll...

Catch ya on the road

No comments: