Monday, October 5, 2009

10/5/09 settling back down

365 Group (f)

Today was a good cool and damp morning. It was about fifty five degrees and overcast. Perfect riding weather. Too bad I had to go in to work.

While I was warming the bike up and getting ready I had one of those thoughts of running away from home. Just jump on and ride for a while. Then radar came trotting by and snapped me back into reality. Some one has to be around to feed that hound.
I headed down my worn out drive to the pavement and thought maybe it'll be a good ride to a short day.
The damp in the air seems to agree with my bike and it was running like a fine watch or some other costly something or other. I pulled onto the highway, traffic was light and before I knew it I was out of town heading down the straight stretch towards the mountain. I managed to pick up some traffic that held me close to the speed limit. I was running a little earlier than usual so I was hitting the early early going to work crowd. This wasn't too bad. Most of these people didn't seem to be in a texting mood and no one tried to run me over.
I made it to the foot of the mountain and made my turn to skirt around to Springdale. It was just a great morning to ride. I have been having to do a lot of forced riding these last couple of weeks due to family obligations and it was really nice to just get to settle down some and enjoy.
Running through the hills was fun. Cool damp air then into a warm air pocket. I could do this all day.
As I came up to Butterfield Coach road the traffic started picking up a little and indicated a cop was near by. So I ran along close to the speed limit and sure enough there he was. He even pointed his hand held radar gun at me and waved. After getting by him I tooled along and made it into town and the traffic light madness. I really hate traffic lights. Except for the blasting away and leaving the SUV's sitting still. That tends to tick them off and makes me all tickled. Kind of my version of dragging between lights. No matter how they try they just cant get off the line like I can.
My ride into work was a good one. Not nearly long enough, but a keeper anyway. I was a little down as I didn't see any other bikes on the road I guess winter is already here for most of the riders in this area.
I'm hoping that this day goes by fast and I can get back out while it's still cool enough to enjoy. I'd like to put on a couple of hundred miles for therapy. Guess I'm just not ready for summer to be over.
catch ya on the road

No comments: