Sunday, April 6, 2008

The saga continues

The kid got some time off from the Guard and made the weekend a good one.

Many thanks to my good friend Luther for the use of tools and shop. Friends like you are a true blessing from God.
I finally got to get into the shop and do something constructive. I got started on a couple of projects and actually made some head way. I am hoping to have my wife's Bike (green '78 KZ 650) up and going sometime within the next week. She is starting to make noises about riding now that the weather is getting warmer. Not too much to do on hers. A new gas petcock and general tune up.
Mine on the other hand is a little bit more involved An 82 Virago that needs a starter. If you you know anything about the Virago line they were known for having a "weak" starter. If UPS don't let me down I should have everything by the end of the week and then it's just a matter of finding the time to bolt everything together.
Today was warm and like a mild summer day. Lots of riders out. I visited with a few and most were fair weather types but I did meet a couple of "hard cases" like myself and had a good time just shootin the breeze. That's one of the things I miss through the winter. Regular riders. But summer is a coming. This is a local that I know in passing. he's one of those that has been riding, like me, forever.
Bud Your bike is ready to be ridden. It faired better than the others.
I did manage to get in a few miles over the weekend. Weather was on again off again but it was still nice.
There is something about an older bike. One that isn't all automatic. Kick starter, headlight that you have to remember to turn on. Carburetors that don't automatically adjust...for some reason the ones you have to work on and know something about are more fun to just take off on. Also they seem to do OK if you just ride right on by that car wash.

No comments: