Sunday, April 27, 2008

Summertime is getting closer...

Proud Member of The 365 Group
(I rode mine today)


This weekend has turned off cooler than the weather channel had said it would.. But for early spring it's not too bad. I had another Doctor visit on Friday over at Jasper and I figured that I do it and spend the night with my mother and maybe work on my brothers bike. It quit running on him and he doesn't have time to go through it and figure it out. It was a real good day for riding about 55 degrees, bright and sunny. I thought that I'd probably see a few bikes on the road since the weather was so nice. I guess everyone was working, I only saw one other bike during the 110 mile trip over to Jasper and none from Jasper to Deer and my brothers. (All along this ride the roads were in good shape. No bad spots and no construction.)
As it worked out my brother was busy on the farm and we didn't get to put any time into his Suzuki so we made a tentative date for next weekend to get into it. I did some of the minor maintenance on mine and had a good visit with my mother.
Saturday morning I got a late start on getting out of bed and had to scrap some plans I had to check out some of the back roads in the areas. I have been planning on running some of them so when people ask me about riding in the area I can add a little extra scenery to their trip. Maybe next weekend?
My trip back was a great one! I gassed up at Deer at Claborns grocery and had a good visit with Cheryl. While I was chatting I noticed about 80 or so Sport bikes tool by. Riders out enjoying the curves in the areas. If you like curves and two lanes this is one place to check out. One thing I like about this station is they are currently cheaper on gas than anyone around home. This will change no doubt but it was nice. It's also a nice laid back little store located just about right from the Fayetteville area. Your close to about ready to get off and have a coke when you roll in.
after visiting with Cheryl I headed out for home and it was a stark contrast to the day before. Bikes all over the road. It was warmer too so that no doubt brought out a few more. Most were double up riding. My old scooter was just humming right along. I think I've almost got it all back like it should be. At 70 mph it seemed to just float along. Hopefully before long I can get a day or two to finish up. (Starter motor and carburetors. )
I made good time coming home. Roughly an hour. One of those trips that ends so fast that you wish it hadn't because everything was going so well. Ahhh well only 187 miles total but they were sweet.
I did get to spend some time in the shop after I got home. My new starter for my Yamaha came in and I put it on. I'm almost done with the repairs on it and I am ready to ride it again. Should be finished with it next weekend. I also managed to get my son Bud's ride out and put a few miles on it to change the gas so to speak. Bud is in the guard and deployed so i have been trying to keep it loosened up so he wont have to do anything when he gets in other than ride.
I had a banner of a day yesterday... I visited with a couple of people that has old bike junk yards and found a petcock for my wife's. While I was fooling with my Yamaha she put it on and looks like hers is done. Now she can hit the road when she gets in the mood.
My winter time to do list is getting smaller. With Gods help and Luther's friendship I'll accomplish it all before next winter rolls around.

Now if I can just get the son home for any length of time. We got a riding/fishing trip planned.

No comments: