Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The 365 Group

I was asked today by a younger rider what the 365 group was. For those that don't know. The Group is a world wide group of people that ride enough of the year to be considered an all year round rider. One that rides no matter the weather or other influencing conditions. I tried to explain that it wasn't an organised group like some of the more famous bike clubs. It's kind of a loose nit honorary group. You become a member when other riders look at you as "one that rides all the time". I have met several members through out my riding life and usually they are people with similar views on most everything. One thing that stands out is the feeling that it isn't what you ride, but more that you ride. Any way, in a nut shell that's it. One more note. I maintain a roll of group members. If you would like to be carried on the rolls as a member contact me and we'll talk it over.
Today was a great day for local riding. I messed around until the morning traffic rush was done and then took the long way into town. What is normally a 15 to 20 minute trip took about an hour this morning. I got in around 85 miles around the lake and surrounding areas before I headed in to work. Truely a nicer way to start the day. The weather is so fickle right now that it's back to being cooler in the mornings and for me that is one of the best times to ride my old air cooled twin. Just seems to run better and I enjoy it more. As we get more into spring and summer I am making more of a trip of my local travels. Makes em more fun and not as drab when you can make a real ride out of going to the store for milk and bread.
I'm still trying to get a good full day or two in the shop. Got to get the wife and kids bike ready for the summer as well as my big bike. "Oh come on warmer weather".
"hope to see y'all on the road"

No comments: