Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another good weekend

Proud Member of The 365 Group
(I rode mine today)





Well here we go again. The Doctor called and My test results are back and I need to see him. Well OK I could use another ride down south so to speak.

It was foggy up here as I headed out for Jasper. Kind of on the cool side. I didn't really feel like fighting with my snowmobile suit so I dug out my chaps and figured that they would keep my legs warm enough. Boy was I right! Before I got to my place in Deer I was ready to get out of them. (I know why Buffalo don't seen to be bothered by winter) The traffic around here was insane for a late Friday morning. I haven't figured that one out yet. The last few Fridays have been like that.
The Doc said I have a blood condition that he thinks vitamins might take care of. So it's back to taking hand fulls of different things on a daily basics. I guess that is better than some of the other options we discussed.
My ride back out to my place was really one of those that you just cant get enough of. Warm, clear and not a whole lot of traffic. Funny how the traffic is always lighter when I get out and away from the Fayetteville/Springdale area. Really enjoyable.
At my moms house my brother came by and asked if I could help him with his bike. He has a 79 Suzuki 750 and it needed a little tweaking after setting all winter. So I went and we got all greasy and got him back on the road for summer and the high gas prices. Gas is at a crippling price all over now and it will help him on his job to be able to ride instead of drive. After working on the bike we just sat around like the old days and talked bikes and sipped a beer. If only I could go back to when neither of us had any pressure other than keeping our rides going. Those days were fun.
As things worked out I spent Saturday helping him get mowers,tillers and weed eaters going and
just rode around locally seeing how things had changed. There were lots and I do mean lots of bikes out on Saturday. I found one rider beside the road and pulled over to see if he needed any help. Turns out he was waiting on his wife and others to catch up. As we visited I found out that he was from the Springdale area and he semi knew me from seeing me riding the "Dodge". He and his group were out enjoying the weather and the curves. Looked as though they were having all the fun the law allows.
My cookout trip is getting closer and I'm trying to get the word out to everyone I know. A lazy slow ride of about 150 miles down there and a big cookout and spend the night and a lazy slow 150 or so miles back. Hopefully it'll all come off and all our riding friends can make it. My brother is all up for it and now we just need to pick a date that works for everyone.
This weekend trip totaled around 400 miles and was almost perfect. I think next weekend I may head for Texas and maybe a few more miles.
Hope to see ya on the road.

No comments: