Sunday, May 11, 2008

A stormy weekend

Proud member of the 365 group
I rode mine today


This weekend, for the most part, has been a great one for riding or just doing nothing at all. The weather was on again off again warm and rainy. Even had a few thunderstorms and a few tornado's reported. We opted out of the charity poker run as my wife had a funeral to attend. So I worked in the shop and had a pretty good time.
My Yamaha is giving me real fits in that I cant get any fire through the system. After checking the entire electrical system I am at a loss. Guess it's back to the books on it. Maybe I got in too much of a hurry to get it back on the road? But in my defence, it is a lot of fun to ride.
As the weather gets better I am planning several trips through the hills. Scenic rides with lunch or dinner at the end of the first part. Then back home on a different route or sleep over at a park or rec site and a different route home the next day. Maybe even a fishing trip? Nothing big. A couple of hundred miles or so. Sort of like the old "Club runs" of the 60's.
I have been talking to a lot of people that are looking for a good way to kill a weekend and just get away. This will do it. Just take off and leave the cooking to someone else. All you'd really need is a sleeping bag. With gas prices soaring it would be a good cheap vacation.
Well it's time to get back to the grind and go tighten the chain on my Kawasaki. I have began to hear it hit the case and since right now it's my main ride and all, that's not good. Another reason I'm in a hurry to get the Yamaha going. It's shaft drive and I'm getting lazier by the day.
Hope to see you on the road.

No comments: