Sunday, March 8, 2009

To the Nub, aftermath

365 GROUP



Today was warm and very over cast. A shop day if ever I saw one.
I started looking through my scrap and parts yard for a chain and sprockets that would get me through till I could get to a shop and order new ones.
Finding a pretty fair chain I started changing them. Once I got the old one off I discovered why I had the little mishap the other morning. One side of a link was broken. From the way things looked it would spread apart when there was tension on it. I give thanks to God for getting me home safely.
I laced on the old one and oiled it all up and took off for a short test ride of about 40 -50 miles and everything did just fine.
I guess here's the point when I say , you always need to check your equipment.
Hope to catch ya on the road.

No comments: