Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8/09 Coffee maker died

365 Group (f)

Today started out like a normal Wednesday morning with the Pups whining and me really wanting to stay in bed. I managed to drag myself out of bed and let the guys out to terrorize the front yard and headed for the coffee pot. Here is where the day started going south. My coffee maker died last night. I always set it up for the next morning before going to bed. I guess while waiting it gave up. I walked into the kitchen to find water everywhere and it was dead. After years of faithful service I hope it went peacefully. I dug around and found my camp coffee pot and made some on the stove. By the time it was ready the pups were through alerting everyone in the neighborhood that they existed and were wanting back in. They also had a bad case of "oh yeah, you can feed us now". Little vermin anyway. I set out their food and headed to the shower.
Finally I got my morning started and moving along. Today is payroll day at work and so I grabbed all my executive junk and headed out. Strapping on the briefcase on I made a command decision then and there. I was going to put my sissy bar back on. Make it easier to carry all this junk.
Kicking the old gal to life I wondered about just turning in the payroll and heading out to someplace I haven't been in a while. There is a real nice place to eat at Roaring River, just over the line in Missouri. Not too far away. If I took my time and run the back roads I could have a real nice morning ride. So, with that thought in mind I headed down the drive to the street.
There wasn't much traffic anywhere this morning but there was some morning fog. It was thick for about three miles. I just hugged the white line on the shoulder and hoped that no one ran over me. When I came out of the fog it was all of a sudden and one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in a while. The fog was in white fluffy walls ahead of me each a little taller than the one before it with the morning sun sitting on top. Felt kind of weird seeing it and riding through it. Due to the fog I didn't gain anything this morning. But I did have a great start to my ride.
I ambled through the traffic lights and idiots up to work. Pulling in I saw several others on their bikes were held up at the gate. Thinking that something was up I pulled up beside a shop guy on his Harley. Whats up? Nothing. We all just got here at the same time. Talk about timing. We all blasted away from the gate and woke everyone up in the office building next door. The day was starting to come around.
Payroll went through without a hitch and worked on a few small odds and ends and before I knew it it was to close to lunch time to make the run up to Roaring River. Bummer! Well maybe the weekend.
A bunch of us had decided to tear out for lunch. Thinking about heading out to that I got a call from my Doctor. Need to head in for some more tests. Hummm, didn't even give me any time to study. So I packed up and headed out to the Hospital in Harrison.
I was a nice ride down. Traffic was light and I made good time. Sitting here waiting on the doc, I'd much rather gone to Roaring River.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: