Sunday, July 11, 2010

7-11-10 Ridin around

365 Group (f)
Still herding mine around



I started out in a big wait this morning. An acquaintance said that she had bought a tasty older triumph and all that. I was planning to end this weekends festivities at Eureka Springs and invited her to ride over. She didn't make it and it was getting hotter so I pulled out.

The traffic was unusually heavy for this hour of a Sunday morning so I had more of an intense ride over than normal. Seems like the heat has brought out the "idjits." Most of them seemed to be pulling a boat, texting and in my lane. I finally made it over to Eureka ant the traffic was worse than the ride over. I made my way down through town and figured that I'd have to fight my way around, decided to give it up and go find a quick burger. The burger place wasn't too crowded and I got in and out pretty quick. I got it to go so I could get out of town and back toward the house as it was now really hot. With all the recent rains, humidity is killer today.

On my way out of town I found some riders beside the road looking over a map. I pulled in and found out that they werent lost, "just looking over their options". They were looking to run over toward Harrison and then up to Branson for Silver Dollar City and all that. I ate my burger and put them on the Hwy 62 fast track. No sense trying to "un lost" them any more than they were.

Running back toward the house I met several bikes and everything looked like they were trying to get back to a shady spot. I ambled along stopping here and there for a couple of pictures.

Since this morning really didn't go like I wanted with the heat, I plan to get back out later this afternoon. Maybe get in a few miles and have a good something or other for dinner?

The Richland creek bridge coming into town. The water looked low when I went through. I walked out and, yep! it was low alright. Normally it has a bunch more water in it. It's been so hot around here lately that even this little dab of wet looks sooo good.


Around 760 very quick miles. Maybe more?

Catch ya on the road

1 comment:

Learning to Golf said...

Back roads and "idjits" just don't mix well. But, those are some great roads in your part of the country. I loved my trip throught that part of the country.