Saturday, July 3, 2010

7-3-10 Bikes, Babes& Bling

365 Group (f)
I herded mine up and down the road today



This year is the first year for a new rally in my back yard. "Bikes, Babes and Bling," is geared toward the female rider.
Since it was so close to the house and I actually knew a couple of females that ride I figured that I could safely get away with showing up and taking a few pictures.






























The morning started out really good for such a gathering. Warm and sunny. I grabbed up a couple of cameras and headed toward Fayetteville.
My ride over was a good one as I saw several bikes on the road and traffic was light.





Dickson street wasn't too congested when I got down there. There were several bikes parked along the streets. I found a space to park about midway of the block. Looking over the bikes, One kind of jumped out at me. I'm not too sure but this guy might be a spokesman for "John Deere".
The crowd was very small. I figured that it was probably due to the poker runs that were going on. As I made my way around I saw several vendors that covered most everything you could ask for in bike accessories. A bike show was going on and I wandered around taking a few pictures and finally I saw some locals that I knew. They told me that the threat of rain had send most of the local riders home. That plus the Rodeo of the Ozarks and two other organizations holding poker runs explained the very light turn out.
I managed to get some really good food at one of the local Mexican places and visited with a couple of locals and several riders from Kansas and Missouri.
The rain,mostly light, seemed to keep everyone away. It really wasn't that bad. Most of the people I saw were getting around in it with out too much trouble. I think this would have been a lot better if there hadn't been so much going on for it to compete with.
After talking top some of the event organizers I'm looking foreword to next years. I have a feeling that it will be like the "Bikes, Blues & Bar B Que" rally. It'll just keep growing and getting better.
These two young girls rode up from the Dallas area on a very nice looking Road King and a Slick newer Star. They made the Rally and didn't seem to be fazed by the weather or the light turnout. In the rush of the soggy moment they introduced themselves and I sadly say that I cannot remember their names. ("old age...old age" anyway that's the excuse I'm using) They had the Riders spirit more than most that I ran in to and seemed to be one heck of a lot of fun. The were looking for directions and since it was on my way I rode along with them for a few miles and pointed them in the direction they needed to go. I hope they had a safe trip.
This new rally was a fun one even with the light turn out. I hope more people see it as one to attend next year.
catch ya on the road.








2 comments:

manthano said...

That no chrome sure stands out from
the crowd.

John. Get you a spray can of your
favorite color and go to it.l

Learning to Golf said...

It is to bad a little thing like rain would keep bikes in the garage. I sure enjoyed my time on the Arkansas roads last week, there is some beautiful country to see