Thursday, July 8, 2010

7-8-10 Another day in Gods country

365 Group (f)
Yep! I rode mine today



Today was a great day! The ride into work was about as good as a ride into work could be. Cool and light traffic, all too short.



I had a couple of old friends from my Texas days call out of the blue and ask if I wanted to get together. Seems that they had been riding a little and been promising their wives a trip. They wondered if I'd like to ride South and meet up with them? I thought it all over and since they twisted my arm and I cant take the pain, I "reluctantly" agreed to meet them. It sounded like the old days before everyone got all famous and started wearing a big hat when they "crooned" . We would just start and ride until we ran into each other. Should be all kinds of fun. So my weekend should be a good one.



The rain started for real a couple of hours before I left work. Good and slow. The area needed it so I cant complain. I pulled on my rain gear and plowed out into the after work rush. I'm here to tell ya, I had fun. Almost as much fun as that"kid that was shooting my face with a bb gun". Seriously, It was a good ride, even with the rain. I met a couple on a Harley and they were soaked to the bone and beyond. As we sat, waiting on a green light, they did say that "as miserable as it was, they were having a blast. They were from Springfeild, Mo and had been over killing the day at Eureka Springs.
My ride home was pretty uneventful and kind of soggy by the time I got to the house. I did notice that on days like this, I really enjoy the looks I get from people. Ya know. The "that boy ain't got good sense" looks.



(Alright Gary, I'll be heading your way tomorrow evening. See ya about Texarkana.)

So all in all, today was a good riding day I don't care who ya are.



Catch ya on the road

No comments: