Saturday, July 31, 2010

7/31/10 A lazy day

365 Group (f)
Herding up and down the road...again

Today was a great day for riding so I did. Not too far mind you but it was a good one.
I fired up the bike and headed out to the Cline Motor Works World Headquarters.
It was a quick ride and as I started getting into it it was time to pull in.
I made my way to the R&D section to get a look at what was new on the block. This trip it was a Dual Sport Goldwing. I for one was impressed! It looked like the best of both worlds. After all the work is done I should be able to get a few pictures of it. Right now, since it's still in the development stages, it's best that I don't.
After chatting up their lead designer, Luther, for a while I tinkered my old Virago a bit and finally gave up as the humidity was in a killer mode. I am hoping to finish it off soon and get to herding it around some.
Before I knew it it was time to get back on the road again. I got the dates for the annual polishing of the chrome for this year. (The polishing of the chrome is an annual event that to the hale and hearty among us rates up there with Daytona and that bagger fest in South Dakota.) Thinking to myself it should be a good one this year, I headed out.
Leaving Clines I headed east and logged a few miles looking over some minor bone yards and check with a few of the local riders in my quest for parts to finish off the Virago. Parts are coming slowly but they are coming together.
Now as I pursue a cup of coffee at a White Oak Station I'm using the other hand to type this and, hey, it's all good.
I got a 10 mile pud run ahead of me so......
catch ya on the road

1 comment:

Learning to Golf said...

A Dual Sport Goldwing? I would like to see that when the pictures are available.