Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pizza

Ten 9 Twelve 3
Polarbear


365 Group (f)

Today I got a call from the boy. He was wanting to get together for lunch at a new Pizza place he'd found. Sounded good to me.
It had been a whole 8 to 10 hours since I had a ride and the weather was just about perfect. So I jumped on the kicker and headed out to gas up. Once I got out and moving I noticed how windy it was. Really if there hadn't been all that cross wind it would have been perfect.
I killed a little time at the gas station and when I finally pulled out I managed to fall in behind a bunch of bikes. We tooled along at about 40 for a couple of miles. It finally dawned on me that they were operating at the max end of their comfort zone. As much as I enjoyed poking along, I had lunch waiting on me a few miles down the road. As I leaned out and went around I noticed that the whole bunch seemed to be one family. Grandparents down to the youngins. That was just too cool.
I would have liked to visit with them some if I'd had the time.
The ride on down to the Pizza joint was smooth even with the wind. Just about like early summer.
I finally located the place on Dickson Street and realized that I'd passed it several times and never gave it much thought. It sets back off the street and is kind of easy to pass on by.
After finding a parking place I managed to get in ahead of a bunch of very young giggling college girls and located the boy.
We had an excellant meal. (I highly recommend the Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Pizza)Afterward we visited a bunch about his bike and made arrangement to get out to me for repairs. He kind of let it go in a couple of areas while he was in Irac. That out of the way he roared off to homework and I headed back toward the house.
With a little luck I'll have his bike back on the road in a day. The biggest problem is getting it out here. Neither of us have a truck or trailer. But it's all good. It'll come together.
It was a short ride only managed 27 miles. But I had fun.

catch ya on the road

No comments: