Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bikes, Blues & Bar B Que 2010

Bikes, Blues & Bar B Que...Arkansas answer to Sturgis. At least that's how one fellow explained it to me outside a pub on Dickson street at the height of this years rally. Take into consideration that he had, by his own admission, had one too many shots of "Makers Mark".
This years rally was for me a lot more fun than years past as it seemd to be less crowded. Dickson Street is about half a mile long where the rally is held and to have several thousand people tramping back and forth is an experience.
I had met a group of folks at last years rally that liked my photographs and my explanation of them so this year they asked if I would shoot the whole thing for them. As many as I could or wanted to. Heck! They were even paying me. So I dusted off my trusty sony and rounded up several spare memory sticks.
All in all I came away with a bunch of new friends from various parts of the country and around 400 shots of the get together.




Along the street were just about every kind of bike you could have ask for. As they say "something for everyone". Mostly it seemed that the baggers were the prefered ride of the masses but there were a few unique and unusual rides sprinkled through out.






to be continued...once I finish getting my duckies in a row.

1 comment:

manthano said...

Keep the pictures coming.