Saturday, December 11, 2010

12/11/10 short ride

After feeding the hounds I decided to go out for breakfast. The thermometer showed a whopping 54 degrees and I could live with that.

I messed around a little getting ready and all that and never saw the clouds roll in. By the time I got out it was getting dark and cooling off. A light drizzle had started as well. Looking at the clouds I started rethinking things. I decided to just run down to the local cafe for a bite instead of running into town.
The bike fired up like champ. I'm either getting better or it's getting broken in finally. I'm always amazed at how the bike sounds with those glass packs on a cool still morning. This morning I just let it idle and listened.
I bounced down to the street and eased on out for breakfast. The early morning mist had made the roads wet and with my skinny back tire they were mildly slick. That made for a relaxed ride.
Breakfast hit the spot and after I sat around and listened to the locals shoot the breeze. I'm always amazed at how I"m able to live without knowing all the local gossip. It's quite apparent that I was not in the know.
Just as I was about to leave I got a message from sidekick asking if I'd like a jug of eggnog. Well, yep. So I sat around drinking coffee until she showed up. We visited for a few and she gave me a Delicious jug of eggnog. She headed out to work and I tooled back to the house.
Was a real short ride...but it was still better than driving the car or worse, no ride at all. I'm hoping the tomorrow is a little dryer and I can get on down the road.
catch ya on the road

No comments: