Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9/10 early morning ride

365 Group (f)


31 degrees this morning.

I had a feeling that today's ride in would be a good one even at the temperature. I wasn't wrong. I did have to thaw out my bike a little but hey, that's all part of it around here. Took about ten minutes to get everything warmed up and running. In the early morning still the old bike sounded like it was really ready to go.
I suited up and hit the road. I was leaving out a lot earlier than normal so there was no traffic to speak of. It was great!
As I eased my way out of town I blasted a right away trimming crew that were gathered at the station. They all just stared as I rode by.
I made my little run to the mountain in what seemed like "double quick" time. the air just didn't seem all that cold and I just kept it wound up.
Running around the lake it got a little nippy but not anything you couldn't deal with.
Tooling along thinking that I surely had the title for today I just generally had a good time all the way over to the Parkway. Once I got on the Parkway I picked up a little traffic. Other than a few cars it was a great straight shot across town to work.
Rolling up to the first light I saw my shot at the title crumble... a crazy on a Victory went slithering by to the North. Well I was still in good spirits. It's always good to know that your not the only one. All total I saw three other bikes on the road. Not bad for the temperatures and especially in this area.
My run up the parkway was nice. The bike just seemed to float along. Hope this continues. It's always better to ride than herd the car.
Pulling into work I found myself already ready to be back on the road home.

catch ya on the road

No comments: