Sunday, December 5, 2010

last few days 12-4-10

365 Group (f)


These last few days have really been fickle weather wise. Thursday was 28 degrees when I headed out. Friday was 26. Saturday was 47. Now today is 25 at 7:15. I'm telling you, winter is almost here in North Arkansas.
This past Friday peaked out around 60 degrees and made for some good riding. I managed to get out in a gap in the traffic after work and made it across the little metro area without getting splattered. It was even a good ride in the sparse traffic. I had some hungry dogs at the "housey-enda" so I detoured and picked up a bag of chunks. At the Grocery store I gathered a few sideways looks as I strapped on the bag. (People...what can you do with em?) The ride on to the house was good and smooth. I pulled into the drive just as that old feeling of "lets keep going" was just settling in.
Saturday morning I headed out into some pretty decent morning weather. I had a couple of errands to run. The bike jumped to life on the first kick. Again I am amazed that with it's age and my mechanical ability it fires up on one kick. Whatever the reason I'll take it.
The morning was clear and sunny bright,just a real pleasure to be out in. Riding was just a major plus. I tooled down and hit all the local spots and got everything mailed and topped off. After all that I figured it was time for a little breakfast. I ordered breakfast at the little cafe and while I was waiting on it I was joined by a lady friend of mine, "sidekick". I invited her to join me and we had a pretty nice meal and good conversation for quite a while.
After all the eating and socializing I fired up and ran over to work to look over some construction. The ride was just about perfect. I found myself really longing after summer as I went through the cool shady spots. Ah well, it's only about three months away.
Heading back to the house I took my time and ran some of the back roads I hadn't been on in a while. It's good to just slow down and get out of the normal routine sometimes. Especially when you run out of road and kind of figure out you might be lost.

catch ya on the road

2 comments:

manthano said...

Hey! I know I'm getting old and my
eyes are not what they used to be.
But in your profile picture - you are
looking younger. Something you been
eating???? Or just a different angle???

John said...

That was taken before I started laying on my winter fat. I always look gooder in the summer.