Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter is inching up 12-2-10

365 Group (f)


Today was a good riding day.
It started out a little cool at 28 degrees but it worked out really well.
I headed out in the morning chill to the bank and gas station. I figured that if I made it that far without freezing up then I could make the rest of the way. At the bank I hit the ATM and grabbed some gas money. A short hop over to the station to top off and grab a biscuit.
The lady working the counter said "that's sad" as I paid for everything. When I ask what was sad she said that everyone knows you and they've quit asking you if your cold. Yep! I've hit a milestone.
I pulled out on the highway and wound up. In the cold air the old bike ran really well. Before I knew it I was hitting 70 and really not out of town. At that speed my nose went numb pretty quick so I pulled over and dug out my mask. Ahhhhh...Warm!
The rest of the way over to the mountain was a smooth keeping up with traffic kind of thing.
Running around the lake wasn't as bad as I figured it would be. Actually the temp stayed about the same. I made really good time even with all my stops.
I pulled onto the parkway ahead of some crazy acting traffic and began my run toward work. All along the parkway I saw crazy people. Cell phoning, coffee drinking, makeup applying crazies. Every one of them looked at me like I had a bulls eye on my back. But today I wasn't having none of it. Every traffic light was in my favor and at about 15 over they just couldn't seem to get me.
Sadly, I had to stop playing games with the early morning traffic as my turn off for work came up. I putted into the mill and gave thanks for a great ride.
I guess, as bad as I don't want it to be...winter is upon us. However, that don't slow down the riding. As "Charlie" says gitchya some!"

catch ya on the road

No comments: