Thursday, October 27, 2011

another day in paradise

The thunder started about the time I got up this morning. Oh yeah. It's suppose to rain today.
Sipping my first cup of coffee I began to have thoughts of slipping over to the "dark side."
As I became more awake I remembered the situation with the tires on my car. No worries about the darkside. I have been putting off changing the tires out for this whole past summer. (ya never notice the hole in the roof till it rains) This coming weekend for sure.
I loaded up and headed out into the down pour. It had rained hard enough to wash the roads off and really, it wasnt too bad.
Traffic was light as I hit the hiway. got even lighter as pulled off and on running a few errands. By the time I finally got on the road to town I was pretty much by myself. It was a good ride, even with the rain and chill. I tried to just take it easy in the weather but still made about the same time I usually do.
Pulling in at the clinic I was surprised to see no other vehicles in the lot. Guess the rain kept everybody at home? The lady at the counter signed me in and asked if I was on my bike in the rain. We chatted a bit then I went in to see the Doctor. First thing he pointed out that I looked a little tired. I told him I had a late night texting with my "mail order bride." He couldnt come up with a reply so he did his doctoring stuff and said I'll see ya again in three months.
After the doctor I headed out to find some biscuts and gravy. Over a very late breakfast I figured It was going to be a good day for a ride and decided to run down and check on mom and the family. I was only a hundred miles or so away.
I pulled up to a red light, noticing all the people in all the cars around me. How really unhappy they looked. The light changed and I pulled away rather "briskly." Whatever was making them look so sour just migh rub off?
It's just not winter enough yet to give in to the allure of the darkside.

catch ya on the road

No comments: