Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 21, 2014

  Today was one of the best riding days we've had in a while.

  I made it out and eventually up to the shop to work on a few little issues before the trip to Texas at the end of the month.  My speedometer has been giving me more trouble than I feel I need.  With my friend Luther overseeing my effort I think I may have gotten it worked out.

  I made it back to the house just in time to feed the pups....anyway that's how they explained it to me.  After taking care of all the bosses I decided to give another look at a set of throw over saddle bags that I have been kicking around for years.  I normally don't care for bags.  I tend to travel lighter than most and bags just always seem to get in my way.  Anyway....I spent most of the evening "semi permanently" rigging these things on my ride.  I got em on but they just don't do anything for me.  I'll probably give them a try, worse case I'll leave them beside the road in Texas.

  After spending most of the day working on little issues I figured it was time to get out and run the roads a bit.  I pulled out and headed for a short ride to a coffee shop.  The air was cool and it was just nice to be tooling around.  I made it to the cafe and the rain started.  I had a snack and coffee and when I was ready to leave, the rain stopped.  (It's all in the timing.)  My ride back to the house was as good as the ride out.

  Sitting here listening to the Blues & Rockabilly with a good cup of coffee, discussing today with Woodrow my Cockatiel, we've decided that today was a keeper.

  Tomorrow is going to be a ride to check on mom.  Deliver some parts, shake down all the recent repairs and generally burn up the road.....

catch ya on the road

No comments: