Saturday, March 29, 2008

Proud Member of The 365 Group
( I rode mine today)


These last few days have been great riding weather. I have managed to get in some extra miles on my way home each day and even take a few pictures.
The best part of the last day or two has been seeing other bikes out on the road. I may be wrong but I feel that the more bikes the more the automobile drivers will notice and maybe not run up my tail pipe. That has been happening a lot lately. I look back and there they are. So far the Lord has saw fit to keep me going safely and I give thanks for that.
I met a man a couple of days ago that described himself as a technically homeless biker/truck driver. He explained to me that he sold his home and car and was out on the road most of the time. He was riding an old 850 Suzuki and had taken a break from the rode at a gas station on the outskirts of Fayetteville. As I pulled in he started to smile and told me he was Glad to see someone else on an older bike. We chatted for several minutes and it reminded me of when I was first out on the road by myself. You didn't see too many bikes and you would always stop to see if help was needed. (far cry from today) Anyway, I was good to meet another soul with the same interests. I have noticed that we are getting to be fewer.
Today I woke up to a cold rain and all the arthritis pain I could handle. so I just made a short trip to the store and laid around and planned out a couple of trips for later when it does warm up. I had a chat with the boy out west and he seems to be still rearing to go on a fishing/riding trip when his tour is up.

To quote a line from Peter Fonda in the movie Wild Hogs, "ride hard or stay at home".

No comments: