Sunday, January 4, 2009

28 Degrees and it's all part of the game.




Today is a cool one for sure. My pups didn't even want to go out.




I try to ride some everyday. On days like today I usually let it get a little warmer if it's going to before I get out. Also on days like today I usually do some of the "bike related stuff" that I don't always have time for when it's warmer. Like yesterday I went over to the Buffalo River and took some pictures. (see masterpieces above) In looking around over there I came up with a great ride and a way to kill the whole day and maybe the weekend. I have spent most of this morning planning a ride that will take in all that I got to see yesterday. There was one place that will take a little in getting to as it is all down the mountain on a good but, very steep, dirt road.
There is a couple of other things along the river that require a little walking to get over to see. All in all it will make for a great trip and will combine a couple of the things I like doing.
Also today I am planning on doing a little modification to my bike and rig a camera mount that will allow me to do more while I'm riding. I see some of the best pictures as I'm buzzing along and I'm going to see if I can maybe fix that so there wont be so many of those missed "did you see that's"?.
I have been getting more in to the idea of camping out on some of my trips in the warmer months. I have a couple of ideas kicking around for carrying gear with out having to put a sissy bar back on my bike. As I'm old and arthritic now I think I'd like to take more in the way of creature comforts that are designed to keep the pain at a minimum. Saddle bags are OK but they limit all that you can do. I'm working on a new bed roll design that will allow me to tie on what I cant put in my bags and would be a solid tying platform like you get with a sissy bar but not as high or in the way. I guess the carefree"tie it on with bailing wire days" are like some of the other heady things of youth, slipping from my daily grasp. I find that I'm more and more at this stage in my getting around of being into a solid and trim lined ride.
I use days like today to just take a hot cup of coffee and go out and look over my bike. Kind of a pre maintenance walk around. Just to slow down and see what has worn and worked loose. Check all those little things that I should be checking on a daily basics. Cause, everyone knows that if it's warm enough to ride, well, you ride.
It's gotten about as warm as it's going to today and I'm about ready to take off. If you've made it this far. Remember, It's all part of the game.
Hope to catch ya on the road




No comments: