Saturday, May 15, 2010

5/15/10 Monsoon

365 Group (f)

May 15, Today it rained, RAINED I tell ya!, like a big dog!

I managed to putter around the house, reading and pestering friends on line till late afternoon when the down pour finally ended. Heading out I decided to take the bar off the back of the bike until the next installment of the long road. Once I got that done it was road test time. Got to make sure it still runs OK without that major piece of equipment. Sloshing down the driveway I noticed that someone really should mow some grass around here. At the street I decided to head up to my friends shop and check on his Gold Wing project. It's coming along really nicely. He's made a real sharp bobber out of it. After looking over the bike and visiting a while I headed toward town and the Bank. It was a nice ride, all fresh and green after the monsoon. The sun was out and it felt warm. Traffic was light, the bike was running like a new one and I was riding it, doesn't get much better. I really had a real blast tearing down the road. Pulling into town I dodged a little traffic and pulled into the bank and the ATM. After the usual disappointment of banking I pulled out and headed to my favorite Bar B Que joint to eat and see if the girlfriend was working. She was and the grub was pretty good as is usual. After eating I visited with the gal a little and made a dinner date for the future. I got a goodbye hug and headed out. I didn't feel much up to a long ride but it was so nice out after the rains that I didn't feel like just heading back to the house either. I just rode around the area on side roads for a while. Finally the sky started looking dark again so I pointed back toward the house. Pulling back into my parking space at the house I noticed my pups, all noses and slobbers, at the window and couldn't help but grin. For a wet lazy afternoon life wasn't bad. I'm hoping tomorrow is dryer and I can make a better/longer ride.
53 miles and each and everyone of them a keeper.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: