Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5/18/10

Herd 365 (f)

This morning was cool but a lot dryer than yesterday.

Looked to be another good day to be riding. I loaded up my junk wondering if I was going to have to hire someone to tow me up and down the road to get started this morning. After cinching everything down I pulled the strangler about half way up and hit the kicker and the old gal fired right up. I was still puzzled. Maybe yesterday was just a case of the bike wanting to sleep a little longer? I know I wanted to stay in bed. The street was dry this morning and I really opened up and got some distance quick. It was one of those "idjit" moves that just felt right. At the highway I hit a hole in traffic and was out of town before I had time to think about it. The run over to the mountain was sweet. My GFM said 75 most of the way and that was pretty good for my bike and where I was at. At the foot of the mountain I headed North and had a good run around the lake. Nice and cool and all by myself.
I ran through the ups and downs and twisties all too soon as far as it was going this morning. I could have used a few more miles of that kind of ride.
Traffic started picking up as I got closer to town. Pulling onto the parkway I almost got tagged by a grinning Mexican in a Neon. After getting passed him I figured that a ticket would be a small price compared and I let the hammer down. After putting several hundred yards between me and all the idiocy I eased off and settled into a smooth ride the rest of the way to work.
After work I took a lazy approach to going home. The pain has been coming back these last few days. This afternoon it was back with a sharp "pointy gougey" thing. I decided that I would just tool around and end up either in the ditch or back home. Rolling down Hwy 265 was a good ride as I was ahead of most of the traffic. The trip to the house was semi smooth and I actually felt like I would survive another day. Pulling into the house I decided to load up on pain meds and later make a real ride some place for dinner.
catch ya on the road.

No comments: