Saturday, April 5, 2014

April 4, 2014

Sitting here with Woodrow listening to Jeff Healey's Roadhouse Blues (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acD6Yy_FeDk) and reflecting on my Texas trip.  I had a blast!

     I had around 700 miles in the wind, cold and rain at 70 mph.  It was one of my better rides.  Clementine ran great (even with an oil leak) for a stock 32 year old motorcycle that some misguided folks mistakenly call a rat bike and made it a good trip.  281 through Texas was fun and nothing like I remembered the area from the early eighties.  Divided highway, 70-75 mph speed limits, 40 to 60 miles between towns and hardly any traffic.  It was good.

     The best part was in Blanco, TX.  The current girlfriend met me there and I met a beautiful redhead there that I fell in love with on sight.  It really worked out.  They both took me home with them and that's where I met the gorgeous blond where again I fell in love on sight.  As it worked out I spent the weekend with a trio of "hotties" and had a blast (I know, I'm a lucky hound dog)

My pit crew
     Since Clem had a pretty good old oil leak going and the parts I needed to fix it was back at my house it was decided that I would leave it with the girls and fly back.

     Yep, I had a good trip.  No major breakdowns or crashes.  Just an overloaded worn out yamahopper, the road and a great time.  So good in fact I'm already scheming to head back down (got to go get Clem "snicker...snicker")

catch ya on the road

No comments: