Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 6, 2014

     Sitting here in the nerve center of Fort Awesome wondering if the weather is ever going to get warm enough to rip around the country without a jacket.

     Today is overcast and much cooler than yesterday was.  I managed to get a few things done to my bikes yesterday.  I got a makeshift cover done for the seat and started on trimming down signal light stems to replace the missing front ones.  That in its self has turned out to be more of a job than I first thought.  My tubing cutter doesn't go deep enough so those smooth cuts I had envisioned will just have to end up a little ragged.  I have maybe located all the things I need to put the magic push button back into play.  If the weather had held I could have run through it and maybe been leading the life of luxury with a shiny hardware store push button.  Ahhhh well, the next ride is just a kick or two away.

     As soon as the weather gets steady I have a couple of projects bikes to get stared on.  One in particular is a special project, an 85 Yamaha Virago 700, as I had waited 15 years to get it.  Now that I have another special reason in a daughter to fix it up for.  She's even said she wanted to help with it. Can't beat that now can ya?

     Today hasn't been a total loss.  There are parts to hunt and a few miles to get in here and there.  Who knows I may even get lucky and find everything on my list.  That would be nice, just put it all together and let her start riding.

catch ya on the road

No comments: