Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 5, 2014

     My solo seat on my daily beater has started to show it's age badly.  After looking around locally for a replacement without any luck I started thinking of a temporary cover till I could come up with one.

     Since the seat is always exposed to the weather I don't really put a lot of expense into it.  This last one was only $9.99 and shipping from E-bay.  Anyway looking around I found an old canvas money bag from a vending company.  The seat appeared to be about the same size as the bag.  I pulled the bag on the old seat and it made a tight fit.  A few zip ties took out the slack and I had a pretty decent looking seat again.  Looking around again I found a new can of scotch guard stuff.  Three treatments of the stuff made for a nice water repellent solo seat again.  The best part of the whole thing is the seat rides like it always did.

  Since I already had everything it really didn't cost me anything so the price was right.  The down time was about an hour and since I'm riding it full time while Clementine is vacationing in sunny south central Texas, that was pretty alright too.  My pups came by and sniffed the whole process and not one of them acted like it was a fire plug (I took that to as a good sign) so I'm happy with the whole thing.

catch ya on the road

No comments: