Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2-15-11

365 Group (f)

This morning the weather channel promised sun and middle 60's.
Since it had been about three weeks of cold, snow and ice since my last ride I was really looking for a mind clearing ride.
The drive still has a lot of snow and ice on it and mud...lots of mud. I made my way down it without dumping myself in a snow bank and even managed to stay mud free.
Pulling out on the highway I poked over to the post office and the gas station then hit the road. With a full tank of gas, all my errands run and a bacon biscuit in my pocket, I was ready to do a little riding.
Running along 45 with the early morning traffic I made good time as they all seemed to be in a hurry. I got out of the traffic mess at the foot of the mountain and had a nice run along the lake until I got to the hilly part of the road. Lots of loose fine gravel still on the road from the ice. After that first slide my mind was suddenly clear and focused. (Funny how that works)
I ran the rest of my trip to work without any major issues and a large grin plastered on my face I even got there early enough to have a cup of coffee before hitting the grind. This morning was like a spring morning. Cool, clear and made for riding.

catch ya on the road

No comments: