Friday, February 25, 2011

2-25-11

365 Group (f)

It's 33 degrees and damp this morning. I had planned to be a wimp and drive the "who ver round" to work. There was just one little catch to that plan...the car was almost out of gas and when I got to the station I noticed two things, gas was at a heart attack inspiring $3.34 a gallon and they were out of gas.
I buzzed back to the house and redressed. Yep! It's a good day for a ride. The Ustawaz and the RHR (redheaded handsome rascal) showed up for a visit about the time I was ready to fire up...seems that the best laid plans of me and the Mouses always get an obstacle or two thrown our way.
I had a nice visit with the RHR, who in all his four year olds wisdom pointed out that it was a "good time" for a ride. As they left I fired the bike up. Pulled the strangler and it fired on the second kick. I let it warm a minute and hit the road just knowing I was late.
I had a good fast and chilly ride out of town. traffic was lite and that always makes it better. In the early morning cool the bike ran like a champ.
I ran hard all the way in to the job only to get there 30 minutes early. Yep, it was going to be a good day. I can hardly wait till quitting time and the ride back to the house...

catch ya on the road

...the ride home in the evening was painful. The air was damp making it feel "raw cold". no matter the speed I rode at, it seemed uncomfortable. I guess I was just in too big of a hurry for warm weather. So, after a careful observation of the situaion...I give thanks to God... I got to ride...I got to ride... nanner, nanner, nanner.

No comments: