Monday, February 28, 2011

2-28-11

365 Group (f)

This morning my little hound dogs woke me up to let me know that a really good storm was going on. Apparently we had an earthquake about the time the storm started and they wanted to make sure I knew about it.
The weather channel said everything was moving through pretty quickly and the sun would be out in the afternoon.
I put together a bottle of coffee and stumbled into my rain gear as I headed out. It wasnt raining and I took that as a good sign.
The bike fired up without too much effort and seemed to be ready to roll pretty quick. The driveway was kind of interesting as the heavy rains had washed new ruts in things. Once I got on the pavement it was all good.
The air was damp and had a real raw feel to it as I ran up to highway speed. another good crisp morning ride. About a mile down the road the wind picked up, making for quite the rodeo. There's nothing like sudden hard gusts of wind on crooked wet roads. At the halfway point I was on some of the "hilly" stretch of road. The wind eased off to be replaced by gravel washed out of driveways. I zigged and zagged for a couple of miles and finally said the heck with it and rode the center line until I got almost into town. This was not one of those mornings to look at the scenery.
Finally I made it to the Parkway and surprisingly light traffic. I made real good time the rest of the way in. Only one idiot in a Dodge wagon caused any problem. Seems that it bothered them that I could get away from the lights faster than they could. This guy just couldnt stand to be behind me. I finally turned off to head over to work and lost him.
I made it in to my parking space at work just as the rain started back up again.
This was a good ride and I had fun. Makes me look forward to this evenings ride back.

catch ya on the road

1 comment:

Learning to Golf said...

I wimped out at the thought of riding in 39 degrees this morning. I blame it it on being sick again this weekend, but I am full of excuses lately.

Hopefully it will warm up a taste and I can get back to riding regularly because I am a much happier camper when I ride.