Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2-22-11

365 Group (f)

This morning was a pretty fair morning for riding. Clear and a snappy 26 degrees.
My main plan was a simple one, to get to work without freezing up. After the first couple of miles I was surprised that it really didnt seem all that cold. I guess I just wanted to ride bad enough that it balanced everything out? Whatever the reason, I had a good ride in.
There wasnt a lot of crazies out this morning. The school busses more that made up for them though. It seemed that every side road and hill had a slow moving "Yellow Buffalo" poking along on it.
Once I got in town and on the four lane I was able to do a little catching up so it still worked out pretty well. I managed to make it in time for a cup before the grind started.
Work passed slowly by and the temperature had made it up to 50 by the time I saddled up to leave. This made my ride even better. I picked a hole in the traffic and got gone. The closer I got to being out of town the lighter traffic got and I found myself running pretty hard between traffic lights. At one light a couple of "motorhead" looking young guys pulled up beside me. After a minute they rolled down the window and asked what year my bike was. The seemed impressed when I told them it was a 77... I guess they werent really all that bad even if they were in a car? They stayed with me for the last two lights, waved real big and went North. I headed South toward a Cheeseburger.

catch ya on the road

No comments: